Contact Us 402.509.7033
Contact Us 402.509.7033
Omaha Divorce & Family Law Firm

Nebraska Post Judgment Modifications Attorney

Court judgments regarding finances and children are based on the information disclosed during the legal proceedings at that time. Over a period of months or years, the financial situation of either spouse or co-parents of a child can change significantly. When this occurs, the court has the right to enter a post-judgment modification of the previous ruling in order to accommodate the changing circumstances of the parties.

Proving the Necessity of a Post Judgment Modification

When you want to modify the terms of a court judgment, tangible evidence must be submitted to the court to prove that the change is necessary and equitable. We let our clients know the documents we need from them and will request the appropriate documents from the other party’s legal representative in order to build our case. Testimony by either party may also be required in order to justify the request for modification.

Types of Court Decisions Subject to Post Judgment Modification

The court reserves the right to change the terms of an agreement or order regarding:

  • Child custody
  • Child support
  • Guardianship
  • Alimony

Valid Grounds for Requesting a Post Judgment Modification

We know that finances and social situations of either party are subject to change. If the current legal agreement is no longer adequate or applicable to your current circumstances, we can request for the court to review the case and issue a modification. Reasons for requesting a modification include:

  • Money for daycare expenses may no longer be necessary as the child gets older
  • Child’s educational and recreational expenses may increase
  • Increase in child’s healthcare expenses due to illness or medical condition
  • Spousal support not needed if recipient of alimony remarries
  • Parent may need to decrease amount of child support due to demotion or job loss

Free Case Evaluation

Nebraska Legal Group Omaha Attorney

Call an Omaha Post Judgment Modification Attorney Today

If you believe you are in need of a post-judgment modification, contact our law firm at 402.509.7033. We can arrange an initial consultation for you with an experienced family attorney in our Omaha office. We service the legal needs of individuals and families throughout Nebraska and Iowa. Speak with us so that we can inform you of your legal options and assess the best course of action. It is advisable to inquire about these important issues at the earliest possible time so that you may proceed accordingly.

Omaha Nebraska skyline

Need Help with Post Judgment Modifications?

Call Nebraska Legal Group at 402.509.7033 or get started with a free case evaluation.

Get Started

Contact Us



Two Old Mill, 10855 West Dodge Rd
Suite 240
Omaha, NE 68154

Tell Us Your Story